cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

opening a V14 file on V16

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone i am new to archicad and i am trying to open a V14 file on V16 for my school assignment. my issue is when i open the file everything comes in solid grey color like walls, fills... is there any way i can revert this issue? right now i can't see the symbolic fills for anything... please help.

thanx, 😃

jenny

an archicad newbie in distress
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is probably just the Renovation Filter in action (introduced in AC15). Turn on your Renovation palette (Window> Palettes> Renovation), and use the "Not In Use" filter. (This may need changing in all views).
Eduardo Rolon
St2art,
What is this "Not in Use Option"? I have not seen it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo

Maybe it is just the way Archicad is set up when we get it (thru' Cadimage), I thought it would be a standard setting for anyone. I know the other filters are set up by them according to how they expect we work typically, and only need a few tweaks.

Basically all elements (Existing, To Be Demolished and Proposed) are set to show and not use the overrides.
Eduardo Rolon
Thanks, just copied to my template.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Does anyone know in which file the "default" renovation filters are stored in.
I know they can be exported and imported as XML files but that is not what I want.

When you open an old version file in 15 or 16 the renovation filters are added automatically.
It is these I want to find.

When I open an old file in 15 it opens with a usable filter (showing all) and all of the views are set with this filter as default. So I can happily just keep working on the file.

When I open the same old file in 16 the default renovation filter that is applied to all the views is a different one and I have to go through all of the views to reset the correct reno filter.

There is a new default filter in 16 (in the AUS version) that wasn't there in 15 that I think (hope) is messing things up.
So I would like to see if I can edit the default filters to make them work as they do in 15.

The filters in the AUS versions are different to those in the INT version so there must be a file somewhere that is editable.
Does anyone have any idea where it is?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Barry.

I will cal you directly on this very shortly mate!