Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

shells trimming

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi :
When I connect and trim shells I loose finish property on the edge of trimming. Is there a way to correct it, because it doesn’t respond to standard way of applying finish color or material?
Thanx.
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of this situation?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am afraid this is a limitation of the program because those are cut surfaces which are shown with the Surface defined for the Building Material of the Shell. So actually you would have to change the Surface setting of the Shell's Building Material, and I don't know if that is feasible for you or not because at other places where the Shell is cut in 3D it might not give you correct results.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I am afraid this is a limitation of the program because those are cut surfaces which are shown with the Surface defined for the Building Material of the Shell. So actually you would have to change the Surface setting of the Shell's Building Material, and I don't know if that is feasible for you or not because at other places where the Shell is cut in 3D it might not give you correct results.
It could be. In SolidWorks or CAtia, I can cut any solid in any way I want and all created surfaces can be individually selected and modified in very simple way, but again SW and Catia are much more advance softwares. Too bad it is not possible in Archicad, it doesn't look like it is a complicated issue for software programmers.
Thanx for reply.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I guess it could be done. It is just a matter of where a software company puts development resources.
Would you care to make a wish for this? I would definitely vote essential.
And you should make a wish, otherwise Graphisoft will not know how important this is to its users.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
cesarowski:

One workaround is to convert the two Shells to Morphs, then you can select the sub-surface and change its Surface setting to match the other interior Surfaces. Or copy that sub-surface and use it on the Shells as a patch. Keep a copy of the original Shells in case they need to be modified later.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14