cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

window issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
for some reason when i place a window it doesnt cut the wall like its supposed to...it just places itself in mid-air with no interaction with the wall
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
plan view
Anonymous
Not applicable
aggie463,
This had happened to me once before.
but it was silly, becasue, I had two walls overlaping each other...ha ha...so I have to delete one of the wall, inorder for windows to interact with the wall.

probrably you check your wall first, see if you have 2 walls overlaps.
If not, then other Archicad masterminds will show up and come with a genius solutions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
ah yes that was the problem in that location...however it still does the same thing in other locations....i seem to be having multiple problems due to the fact that this design is split level...AC doesnt thus far seem to be to hot for remotely intricate multiple story projects...of course add to that the fact that i am still rather new to more advanced techiques other than that of single story projects. that said...i am still in the predicament of no windows on the 2nd story...i could use some help from those archicad geniuses you spoke of haha...i do know they exist
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have experienced a bug with A/C 10 build 1010 where a series of windows has not properly associated itself to the host wall. I have been able to delete the wall and leave the windows in the model. When that kind of thing starts to happen I usually think it's time to trash the file and reach for the last back-up!