Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Error in window and door dimensions when Schedule placed on layout

Albritton
Participant

Archicad 27 -  Error in window and door sizes when the Archicad schedule placed on layout.

Sizes in schedule are correct but when schedule placed on layout they change to 1x2, 2x2 etc.

Attached are both the actual Archicad schedule and the schedule as inserted onto layout.

Have tried all parameter/fields that are associated with door and window size and each has same error when inserting on layout. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Actual Archicad Schedule.jpg

Insert on Layout.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
mmaloy5
Participant

Hi, I am having this exact issue. Did you every find a solution?

Thanks!

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Just checking: are you using the latest Hotfix/Update of Archicad 27?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Took me awhile to figure it out.

To fix manually - I think I just changed the Dimensioning setting in the View Setting for the Schedule. See pic.

The latest hotifix did seem to fix it in the schedule but I think the Dimensioning setting in View Setting still showed "Missing (Building Scale).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View Setting Pic.jpg

That was it! 

Not sure if I have the latest hotifix update (so probably not) but I did randomly adjust my work environment dimensioning so it might have been a side effect of that move. 

Thank you so much, that saved me so much time 🙂 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Glad it is solved for you guys.

Yes, it is always a good idea to make sure that no View is saved with "MISSING" settings.

Generating a View List with all their schedule fields lets you quickly check if any of your Views needs such fixing.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly

Opening a schedule (or any other view point - plan, elevation, etc.) for the Project Map, allows you to customise what you see (all the buttons at the bottom of the window - scale, layers, dimension style, graphic override, etc.).

These settings can all be changed to what you want, when you want.

You should be saving a view of that view point in the View Map.

This locks in particular settings as you have discovered.

Now you can place this view on your layout and you know exactly how it will be set up.

As Laszlo mention, make sure you never have any 'Custom' settings.

You can even duplicate the view and have different settings for each view point.

i.e. the same floor plan with different layers or scale.

The same schedule with different graphic overrides or dimension style.

So there is only one 'view point' available for each storey, section/elevation, schedule, etc., in the Project Map, but you can create as many 'views' of each view point in the View Map with the settings that you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11