BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC10: Interactive Training Guide

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Step 4.1 of the ITC fails on a new project. Instead of a door, I get a gallery. That's right, a gallery... I start with an empty sheet, I make a slab, then walls with the magic wand. The result, at this step, is a closed building, including an additional slab for the roof. I stress this, because the roof really surprised me. Then I add a door, just like in the ITG, and as soon as I click to center it, I get a gallery, all the way to the other side of the building, where it ends with a hole. Is this a standard feature? What am I doing wrong?

I wish I could post the .pln, but the website does not allow it.

Bob
16 REPLIES 16
Djordje
Ace
Bob,
jdk wrote:
Hello,

Step 4.1 of the ITC fails on a new project. Instead of a door, I get a gallery. That's right, a gallery... I start with an empty sheet, I make a slab, then walls with the magic wand. The result, at this step, is a closed building, including an additional slab for the roof. I stress this, because the roof really surprised me. Then I add a door, just like in the ITG, and as soon as I click to center it, I get a gallery, all the way to the other side of the building, where it ends with a hole. Is this a standard feature? What am I doing wrong?

I wish I could post the .pln, but the website does not allow it.

Bob
You can post a screen shot.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am skeptical you can debug this out of an image, as it shows the output, but does not store the actual objects. However, ....

the horizontal gallery is caused by the door,
the vertical gallery by the window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can reproduce it using the AC10 demo for both mac and windows.

The image was taken from AC10 mac ppc build 817.
Barry Kelly
jdk,
Looks to me like you haven't magic wanded walls around your slab perimeter but rather magic wanded a polygon shaped wall that matches you slab perimeter.
This will give you a solid mass of wall that will behave exactly like this when you place a door or window - i.e. they cut right the way through.

Check the construction method for the wall before you magic wand it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, I reached the same conclusion last night, but did not manage to solve the problem. I repeated the same steps over and over again; at times, I get proper walls around the slab, but most of the times I get one big wall. I'll try again this night, with extra care, to see if it is a bug or a fault of mine.

Bob
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
jdk wrote:
Barry, I reached the same conclusion last night, but did not manage to solve the problem. I repeated the same steps over and over again; at times, I get proper walls around the slab, but most of the times I get one big wall. I'll try again this night, with extra care, to see if it is a bug or a fault of mine.

Bob
Are you sure you switched to the Straight Wall Geometry Method and you still got a Polygonal Wall after using the Magic Wand on the other element to create the Wall?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy,

out of common sense, having a curvy slab, I selected the polygonal geometry instead of the straight geometry. I tried them both, and I can see that the straight geom. generates proper walls, while the polygonal geom. generates ... one thick wall. This solves the problem, as I am getting acquainted with AC's peculiarities. I hope I'll find an explanation of this somewhere...

[Another peculiarity is the 3d viewing buttons. Why using nine buttons (five zoom, panorama, orbit, explore and autoscale), instead of a Google-earth-like navigation system? :-]

Thank you laszlonagy.
Djordje
Ace
jdk wrote:
[Another peculiarity is the 3d viewing buttons. Why using nine buttons (five zoom, panorama, orbit, explore and autoscale), instead of a Google-earth-like navigation system? :-]
Try pressing the scroll wheel and holding your left mouse button, with and without the Shift pressed ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
>Try pressing the scroll wheel and holding your left mouse button, with and without the Shift pressed ...

Ahh... I do not have a scrolling wheel mouse. I have a mac...
Is it possible to activate that feature in a different way?

Bob
Learn and get certified!