BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC19 a Big Let Down

Anonymous
Not applicable
We had high expectations for AC19 .... but its performance had become beyond frustrating. AC18 seems lightening fast compared to AC19. I don't think I am the first to mention this, but any operations with the 3D window when cut planes are active are next to impossible, AC19 can take what seems like forever to select an object. Regeneration of the 3D widow is far from acceptable.
If I had a seriously under spec'd machine, I could understand a few issues, but we got a high end machine just to rule out any hardware issues.

I'm a long time advocate of Archicad, but its hard to convince people of its values when it seems to struggle with even basic models
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Disagree completely. Have been using it to work on multiple 4-10 story buildings at the same time on a 15" Macbook Retina and have had no slow down I can see.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dave Seabury
Advocate
Disagree completely x2

I have a 440MB residential file with no issues.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tom,

These issues may be file-specific. You might want to report them to your local reseller along with the file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
I hate to assume that you haven't checked this yet, but something that always seems to get a lot of folks in our office is the default save time in work environment, which by default, is set to every step. This will result in serious creep for the file.

Just a thought.
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Barry Kelly
ksjhawk wrote:
I hate to assume that you haven't checked this yet, but something that always seems to get a lot of folks in our office is the default save time in work environment, which by default, is set to every step. This will result in serious creep for the file.

Just a thought.
It shouldn't do.
That was the case in older versions but ever since we have this 'Ultra Safe' autosave it shouldn't be noticeable.

The trace reference can sometimes slow things down and there have been problems with 3D cut plans on causing issues but I think these have been resolved with the latest hotfixes.

Make sure you have the latest hotfix.

Not that I am using 19 much yet but I haven't noticed any problems when I have used it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!