Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD freezes - solution

Paul King
Advisor
Anyone who like me who has been experiencing repeated freezes, lasting perhaps a couple of minutes each time, particularly when switching between ArchiCAD and other applications - here is what worked for me:

The problem may well be your Wibu CodeMeter dongle's license borrowing feature, repeatedly attempting to scan the network for a license server

The workaround (as advised by Wibu Tech support) is to switch this feature off. Only do this if you don't need to connect with a network licence server obviously.
What we can try is to disable the TCP/IP and UDP using of CodeMeter and set the communication to “shared Memory” communication. In this case only local using of the CmStick is possible.

Please do the following:
- Stop the CodeMeter Services via the CodeMeter Control Panel – Action - Stop CodeMeter Service
- Open the registry (regsvr32.exe) and edit the following Key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion]
-
ApiCommunicationMode = "2"
-
- Restart the CodeMeter Services via the CodeMeter Control Panel – Action - Start CodeMeter Service

After this CodeMeter.exe run in the “SharedMemory” Mode and do not use a Port or any kind of TCP/IP or UDP communication.
Hope this helps somebody else - issue had been causing me a serious headache for many many months.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
0 REPLIES 0