Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Bug Reporter

Sameh zayed
Participant

Hello,

This is my first time trying Archicad. After installing, restart Windows, run Archicad from the Desktop icon, Bug Reporter appears and after I hit the "OK" button, nothing happens. Program is closing and I can not open Archicad. I trayed version 23, 24, 25,26 all of them same problem (bug Reporter appears and the program is not opening) 

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

Help me, please 

Thanks.

Sameh Zayed
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

One of my co-workers had a problem with Archicad crashing and we couldn't figure out why as many others have exactly the same setup.

It turned out the monitor was plugged into the motherboard CPU connection rather than the dedicated graphics card connection.

That is all it was.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

my monitor is plugged into the Graphics card. this is weird but I have only this problem with the Versions above Archicad22. 

Archicad 22 works perfect on my computer. but any versions above that unfortunately they are not working

Bug reporter.PNG

I would send the bug report off.

Take note of the number and then contact your local Archicad support and ask them to look at the bug number.

They may be able to tell you what caused the problem from info in the bug report.

If not then they can send it off to GS HQ for further investigation.

I would also make sure all your video drivers are up to date and you have the latest update for your Archicad version installed.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11