BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Floor Plan with Current Settings command is not working properly in ArchiCAD 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using version 21 with the latest updates.
When changing from 19 to 21 I discovered that the command to flick to 2D with all current active settings has changed to 'Floor Plan with Current Settings'.
So I started using it and am getting rather frustrated as it only works for the first couple of times (though doesn't keep current scale anymore) and then it just doesn't work at all regardless of the view you are in.

Can anyone help with this - is it a known error - are my settings wrong in the keyboard shortcut?
This has been the bane of my drafting team since using 21.
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I tried and it works for me. The only thing it doesn't keep is the scale and the dimension settings (but I think that might be intentional). I have tried it with different views 5-6 times, and it seems to keep working.

As they suggest in this thread, are you sure you are using the "Floor Plan with Current settings" and not the "Floor Plan" option?

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply..
Definitely using the correct option. It does work for a few times when starting a job, but it stops working after a short while.
I can initially go through different views (without working in them) several times and it will work as intended (except scale).. But after working in the view and editing the drawing or documentation for a bit it no longer works.

I hope ther is a solution for this because it is a function that we all use frequently.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I was trying to reproduce it for 15-20 minutes, but it didn't go bad for me. There must be something about your setup and/or workflow that triggers the problem. At this point I think you better contact your local support team who should be able to assist you in a more hands-on manner.

Next time it happens, please immediately make a video of the problem happening, quit ARCHICAD, and gather your Fastlogger Files so that the support team can look into the logs, and see if there is any step recorded that could trigger this behaviour (it's important that you quit ARCHICAD, because that's when the log is being saved).

Good Luck,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!