BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Graphic bug in AC15/Graphics card/driver issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've noticed a few times that the cursor arrow becomes 'stuck' displaying the hand image(as shown when panning with mouse wheel depressed) - i.e the arrow becomes the hand icon and stays that way permanently unless you restart archicad.

I can't post a screenshot because the cursor doesn't appear when you printscreen...

anyone else seen this?

am using a NVIDIA GTX 460
Driver version: 8.17.12.7533

k, thx, bye.
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Me too.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh...
it sometimes self-rectifies if you go to the 3D window, or if you close the 3D window and re-open it again.

think it's a bug. GS to comment?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having similar issues which seem to be related to lost mouse clicks. That is if the click isn't detected the cursor image remains and the window is unresponsive as it waits for the click that it can't detect.

This isn't happening to me with the ArchiCAD pan tool as described, but I'm getting it quite a bit panning in NavisWorks. This I can fix by clicking back to Mac OS and then clicking into a palette in Navis.

I am also getting a similar but much more annoying effect with drag and drop in various programs (ArchiCAD, Acrobat, Transit, etc.) and since this is a system level function the mouse is effectively disabled in all programs. The only way out of this that I've found is to command tab to the Finder, open the Force Quit window and relaunch the Finder.

In my case I wonder if it may be that I am using a new display card in my old Mac Pro to drive my new Apple 27" display. It generally works beautifully but is not officially recommended/supported by Apple.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Last night I was getting the same problem, stuck in "pan" mode, but not panning. Maneuvered around, got out of 3D then back into 3D at a different camera projection setting.

BUT, today I'm crashing, ...8 times in a row, ...every time I select a wall or roof, to modify it.

Serious. Will post a new thread on the problem. Just thought it might trigger some reaction with you who have had panning problems too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't noticed the pan problem for a while and had actually forgotten about it until it reappeared yesterday mid deadline madness(of course)

I think it's archicad
s way of saying it's time for the holidays..
Anonymous
Not applicable
A couple users have approached me with this issue as well. They use two different PCs - one with an older 32-bit computer and the other with a brand new 64-bit computer. However, both may be using NVIDIA graphics cards so not sure if the issue lies within that or ArchiCAD.

So far, my solution is telling them to restart ArchiCAD which can become annoying it becomes a frequent issue. Hopefully there can be a better solution out there.

Thanks!
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I'm now working in AC16, and it is still an issue! Switching to the 3D window, closing, and re-opening it seems to work, but... can we get it fixed?
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
same problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
same problem even on AC 18!!

I guess it's an issue related to the Nvidia drivers, i have now on my laptop GeForce GT 525M
Learn and get certified!