BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Shift-click problem, Command-click problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently, my shift-click and command-click (to select and copy an element's characteristics respectively) failed to work. Upon reloading AC V10, they worked briefly, then quit again. I've tried dumping and reloading several times and have tried three different keyboards thinking it might be a hardware problem. Graphisoft tech support can't seem to figure this out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Jim McG
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
You need to say what version of AC and what OS/hardware you're on.

I haven't heard of this one. Does not sound like an AC problem. Is your keyboard and mouse wireless...and maybe one is low on battery? Have you tried a different keyboard and mouse?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Karl,

I use a Mac G5 (Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC) and Mac OS X v 10.4.11. I indicated that I had dumped and reloaded AC v10, but I should have said AC v11.

I've tried three different keyboards with no change and my shift-click and command-click functions work in other programs.

Upon reloading, both functions worked for a short time, then quit working. Holding the shift key while drawing a line, for example, also doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.
Jim
Learn and get certified!