Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 14 Library issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK,

We have finally got around to updating to v14, but are having some strange issues getting BIM Server Libraries to load.

On Client Machines:
In AC14, I cannot get BIM Server Libraries to load... they show in the list, but are listed as "offline". "Reload Libraries" does nothing.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

On Server Machine:
In AC14 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

So, as you can see, my issues is getting BIM Server Libraries to load into AC14 on client machines.

Any help is appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Achille,

please check that you saved the new object to the source of the BIM Server library (which you have updated after the save) and not into your local cache. That would explain why your library looks up to date, but the object is still missing.
You can check that by deleting your local copy (cache) of the BIM Server library using Local Data Manager and then reloading the library.

Let us know the result.

Regards,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Sorry Marton, i won't do that... i'm too scared of what could happen if i delete a bim server library and right now we are loaded with work to make experiments...

and besides i'm 100% positive that the object is placed to the source and NOT to my local cache.
The object in question you can see in the screenshot below:

is placed in the central library, and i can see it in a solo PLN file:

...BUT...
in the TW file the object is nowhere to be found...
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
we are having the same problem the the object we want to use is there and the path to the file is fine but when we try to get the object off the bim server its not there
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Here you can find an article how to set up TW on Mac network without DNS server:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/MacConnection

To troubleshoot existing library problems see this page:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/LibraryNotFound
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Marton wrote:
Here you can find an article how to set up TW on Mac network without DNS server:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/MacConnection
Hi Marton,
I red the article you suggested. Two things:
1) My network has a DNS server. (see attached image)
2) From what i read in the wiki article, essentially the trick consists in deleting all user prefs. The same could be archived by creating a new user. I did that (i.e. create a new user) but i had no luck. Still cannot update libraries.

Marton wrote:
To troubleshoot existing library problems see this page:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/LibraryNotFound
I want to stress the point that the problem is not that "Library is not found for one Teamwork user, but it is available for others". ALL Teamwork users cannot see/update libraries. Right now the only way to work, is to copy the L-2 folder from the only user that has the objects loaded, and copy it to the other users. But still none can refresh their library local copy.

Also another thing: All those problems, appeared upon installing build 3269... with 3004 we didn't have any of this...
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
has anybody found a solution to this problem, because I have it too. Man I really miss the old teamwork, before BIM server, it just worked.....
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not really clear on this TW14 Library stuff...

So, EVERY TIME I open a TW file on my laptop, it starts by CHECKING LIBRARIES... About a 5-10min process that ALWAYS results in an ERROR DIALOG "Library Update Failed" | Ignore / Retry....

If I Retry, it goes another 5-10min with same result.

If I ignore I get to the PLAN with only ONE missing object... which, btw, was created for this project and EMBEDDED at the time it was created. I should mention that several other objects have been created and embedded and are fine..

So I even made a copy of this object and placed it local to my laptop and loaded it there. Still shows missing.

1. Am I going to have to suffer thru the LIBRARY CHECK every time I open?

2. What is the proper protocol to create project specific objects and have them available to all members of the team?...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
vfrontiers wrote:
2. What is the proper protocol to create project specific objects and have them available to all members of the team?...
I think you just save them as Embedded objects. They become part of the Project's embedded library. You send the changes and others receive changes and the library part should be there in their AC copy in the Project's embedded library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
vfrontiers wrote:
I think you just save them as Embedded objects. They become part of the Project's embedded library. You send the changes and others receive changes and the library part should be there in their AC copy in the Project's embedded library.
So two things wrong with that...
1. Part did NOT show up when signed in from my other computer... (it's only 2 feet away from the server! 😉

2. (and I know this is a slightly different question)... But what happens when I want to use that killer BBQ in my next project?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
vfrontiers wrote:
So two things wrong with that...
1. Part did NOT show up when signed in from my other computer... (it's only 2 feet away from the server! 😉
So I guess the real "question" here is HOW do I get it to show up after AC tells me it's not there... BTW.. not there means I did a search for the part and it was not found... And Browsing thru the embedded library does not find it either..

So I guess what that REALLY means is my libraries are not updating properly on the 2nd machine..
Duane

Visual Frontiers