Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Art-Lantis studio - what to do if...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, nice to meet you all. This is my first post on this forum.
Situation is following:
During rendering of animation sequence in Art-Lantis something happened and computer restarted. (I could not control all the process because total rendering time was about 80 hours) I've checked out, on what frame it stopped and launched render of the rest of animation frames to Targa format files. Then, I had to stick together all frames in special video-rendering program which was hard to me to get, to learn etc.

Is there any another way to complete animation after such crash?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Hi,

This question belongs on the Artlantis forums...since...it is a completely Artlantis question. 😉

See:
http://www.abvent.com/support/forum/index.php

But, in general, the only way to recover from crashes is to render to image files and later re-assemble them into video. This is actually the best thing to do anyway because the image files will be uncompressed allowing you to generate a variety of videos from them. For example: a high quality DVD, a medium quality web and a low quality email video.

If your animation software generates a compressed video...after 80 hours...and you want a better quality...you have no choice but to start the entire process over.

Assembling the images is actually trivial. QuickTime Pro can do it in one step and is cheap (less than $30). Most video software I know of can do it easily as well. For example Ulead Media Studio Pro lets you just point to the folder with the images, like QT Pro.

Please continue this discussion on the Abvent forums...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB