Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Illuminated Sign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone been able to create a typical business box sign that would be illuminated at night.
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
I must be really not seeing it. I followed those steps but the image which I have sized as a .jpg the exact size of the morph does not seen to stick to the surface. .jpg file is 3.6MB so that may be to large, attached a copy of my desktop in the process.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Copy of my Desktop
Eduardo Rolon
Questions

1. Did you create the surface?
2. Did you assign the surface to the Morph using "Override Surface"?

---

It is not clear what you mean "stick to the morph", file size should not matter.

Your desktop views is not shown.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have the surface created and stored but had not "assigned the surface" as one does when changing that with other objects. I can not see the actual .jpg on the surface of the morph in 3d although there must be a resolution issue as I have the .jpg sized for the morph but I am getting a repeating pattern of the ,jpg on the surface of the morph. When I try to get the morph to render even with just Sun and Lamps the .jpg is not visible.

I guess I have issues trying to attach files to my posts they are small enough but seem to not be uploading...
Eduardo Rolon
If it is not assigned then it cannot be rendered.

To see the Surface as applied to the Morph in the 3D Window you need to click "Internal to match Cinerender" Material in the surface. Even if it does not show it would render.
Screen Shot 2014-08-23 at 4.14.49 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will check that but also noticed in your example that the morph has three distinct sides so assign textures to, what have only seems to have one side to assign the texture two.
Eduardo Rolon
Three sides have nothing to do with it, that is a screenshot from Wall settings from a project I am working on. Morph should have one one.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your patenice and assistance, our bosses tell us this is one of the key buying evaluations so we are trying to get this going if we can. We have done the "Internal to match Cinerender" on both the Color and Luminescence Channels and have also elected the surface to override the default. Trying again to upload screen shots to help. I am sure we just have one or two things unchecked somewhere.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the window shot
Eduardo Rolon
Did you check the size?
and the Luminance Brightness setting?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator