Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

fly-thru cameras renumber themselves

Erika Epstein
Booster
When placing cameras for a fly through, as I adjust them they often renumber themselves and it is a time-consuming process getting them reordered correctly.

What I've not been able to figure out is what I am doing that they renumber; anyone know?

Thanks
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Curious. I have seen some quirky behavior with the cameras but don't recall any spontaneous renumbering.
Erika Epstein
Booster
It's only when adjusting placed cameras for fly-throughs.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had trouble with the spontaneous rearranging of cameras in fly-through paths.

I've found that if I want to add a camera to the end of the path, I need to select the last camera that in that path, and then select the camera tool, and then place a new camera. In other words, the new camera seems to be added after the one that is selected, but if I do not select any camera, I have no idea what logic ArchiCad uses to determine where to add the new camera.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Playing with this a bit, it looks like ArchiCAD remembers the last selected camera for determining where in the sequence to place a new camera, even if the user does not remember. So the reliable solution is to select the camera that you want immediately before the new camera before placing.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14