Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Allocate Archicad licences through the BCaaS server & GSID

Liamwillib
Participant

As a company we have embraced both cloud computing, remote collaboration and hybrid working, an approach Graphisoft is promoting loudly across its website and comms. The only thing left tethering us to the physical office is accessing our network license pool, which has to be hosted on a local machine, either by attending the office or via VPN..

It seems counterintuitive that we are allocated floating BimCloud licences via the BCaaS server and our Graphisoft ID, but it is not possible to do the same with the ArchiCAD software licences. Please bring ArchiCAD licence distribution on parity with BCaaS licensing.

Note, we are trialling virtualised licence hosted by an offsite server maintained by our IT providers. We will have to pay more money for this however and seems a bit of a hacked workaround compared to the cloud licensing already available for the BimCloud licences.

4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend

It's coming with AC 27.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

I hope you are correct.

Feature lists suggesting “cloud based licence management” had got my hopes up previously, until it turned out to only relate to the BimCloud licences.

The AC27 feature “ GSID-based user management on BIMcloud” Is the only feature that looks like it describes this, however it’s pretty vague. After last time, I’m apprehensive in believing it means what I want it to mean!

Thanks and fingers crossed.

Have you tried the Technology Preview?

The license needed for that is already cloud based!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

@runxel wrote:

It's coming with AC 27.

I am not so sure about that.

It is being tested with 27TP, but I am not sure if it will be rolled out with 27, or in a later update or in a future version.

But besides that, it is a Technology Preview feature and should not be discussed here in the general community.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11