cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Being able to search navigator/organiser by typing a View Map Name

raoultittel
Contributor
I wish you could type a view name in the View Map to find a view.

I know that we should all name views in an orderly fashion but this might be useful to filter out views to enable finding a specific view.

Cheers,

Raoul
Archicad 24 PC Windows 10 Pro

x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) 32gb RAM Nvidia Quadro P1000
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
+1 It would be a positive step towards the improved layer management that others are asking for.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
You can actually do this now - kind of.
I think MAC may be a little different to Windows with their 'Finder'.
But in Windows, when I am in the view map I can type "x" and it will jump to the view called "X section"
If I type "s" it will take me to the next view (or folder) that starts with "s".
Keep typing "s" and it will scroll through all of the views starting with "s".

If I type quick enough I cam type "sl" and it will skip the views for "Site..." and got to "Slab ..."

It doesn't give you time to type more than about 2 characters, so maybe a search box would be a good idea.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
raoultittel
Contributor
Thanks Barry,

Problem is the massive jobs we work on in this office...but it's a start!

Raoul
Archicad 24 PC Windows 10 Pro

x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) 32gb RAM Nvidia Quadro P1000