Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Measure area in 3D window

ArchiMind
Advocate

Hello everyone,

I think it would be a nifty upgrade of the measure tool to have the option to measure area from a 3d view.

It is especially useful for quick calculations or checks up where you don't need to create a whole schedule.

Cheers,

Stefan

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

Just a suggestion while you are waiting for implementation...

Have you considered using the Morph tool like the measure tool to create the area, combined with the Element Information palette set to show surface area? 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
ArchiMind
Advocate

@DGSketcher ,

Yes I did. 
It's more of a nuisance then a solution. Why use a workaround for something that should exist a long time ago? With the given solution, I have to use more screen real estate and delete it every time I try to measure something quickly. 

In the sea of more concerning issues, I understand that this is just a droplet, but little things like this help improve user experience. 🙂

Cheers,

Versions 13 to 25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
RAM:32GB
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
Windows 11
Jan Vlach
Advocate

While we are on the subject, snapping to axis while measuring works in a very iffy way to say the least, One would expect that when I place first point of measurement pressing and holding shift whlie near x, y, or z axis archicad will snap to said axis, and it does on occasion (it works perfectly when done in empty space) however in instances where geometry that one migh acctualy want to take measurement of is present it sort of falls appart and measures something under a wired angle.

From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7