BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Turning on and off layers to modify layer combinations in the model view

maurotrotta
Booster

It would be amazing and very simple to be able to create a layer combination and in the drawing or model, choose wich layers are not going to be displayed. Sometimes you have to work with someone else drawings with their own layers structure, and you need to display only some of them, and in order to do this, you need to click on the drawing to find out the name of the layer, then open the layer settings, find the layer again, turn it off and update the layer combination. It would be way easier if you can go through the drawing turning off the layer you don´t want to see and automatically getting the layer combination updated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
aarkell
Enthusiast

Have you tried using the Quick Layers palette? I find that to be pretty useful in both 2D and 3D views. You can click on any object/fill/line and then use that palette to isolate the layer by turning all other layers off, or you can turn off the layer of the selection. Works pretty well and it has an undo/redo button as well, so you can keep toggling layers off until you get what you like, then go to the layers dialogue and save the combination. This palette is a staple in my offices work environment due to its ease and frequency of use.

aarkell_0-1710859786868.png

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
aarkell
Enthusiast

Have you tried using the Quick Layers palette? I find that to be pretty useful in both 2D and 3D views. You can click on any object/fill/line and then use that palette to isolate the layer by turning all other layers off, or you can turn off the layer of the selection. Works pretty well and it has an undo/redo button as well, so you can keep toggling layers off until you get what you like, then go to the layers dialogue and save the combination. This palette is a staple in my offices work environment due to its ease and frequency of use.

aarkell_0-1710859786868.png

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10
Eduardo Rolon

You can also right click on the element and select "Hide Layer"

EduardoRolon_0-1710866254840.png

After you finish turning everything off then you can open the Layers Palette and save the combination.

----

This also works for placed DWGs by right clicking on the element in the DWG.

EduardoRolon_1-1710866347678.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!