Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Windows with top wall/plaster clousure in section

Mario Sacco
Expert
I'd like to see the plaster and the walls turn also in the sections, not only in plan.

Clip_4.jpg
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
16 REPLIES 16
ricarc
Participant
Not so funny...waiting for that simple rifiniture that consists of complete and more realistic possible solutions of top and bottom Windows/Doors closure, sometimes frustration is attached to little things, more than greater...
DGSketcher
Legend
I find the closure options to be unnecessarily complex, but there again it isn't a simple junction to model. There does seem to be some movement in this area in the latest AC22, but it has a bug...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
ricarc
Participant
It could be only 2 new settings in Window menu concerning top and down faces settings more than right and left inner faces of opening. Note that the sills in the Italian version are still impossible to have in a right way using Windows settings, need to use Boolean Operations.
agroni
Booster
I also voted for very essential, since we also experience this problem in many of our projects. It is not maybe the case of the plaster, but when the Window sits in a concrete wall (in the inner side), the upper part of the window frame must be insulated. This insulation works well on the floor plan but in the section it is just a piece of concrete wall.
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
vdentello
Advocate
Ivaylo wrote:
If that's of any comfort, wall/plaster closures do not show up in Revit sections, either
That's a good reason. Doing it first.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Ghassan Kanaan
Booster
Does the Absence of "Wall Closure" for Windows in Section View means that the only way to solve that problem is drafting in Detail Views ?

Hello, 

8 years later...are there any news to this topic? 🙂

It would be great to be able to manipulate the top/bottom settings of the wallclosure...