BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Help me buying new laptop

kornclub
Booster

Hello , i am buying laptop but too much configrations and varaties , i am confused what to chose !

Recommended Graphics Cards for Archicad 25  Nvidia Quadro K, M, P and RTX series.
any recommendations ? or specific laptop can do the job done Medium projects 

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18
Solution

This is correct, however I also have a laptop with a 2080 and a 2060 with identical components otherwise and the 2080 is much better in Archicad with 3d vs the 2060. Noticably.

But my 3070 kills it in twinmotion for sure in comparison to the other two. Even only being slightly faster than the 2080.

awesome! you guys talking about just using laptops with RTX GPUs performing that much! I can't wait to upgrade my desktop with 3080, its just way too expensive! 😆

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I am looking at the Msi creator z16

14 core and 3080!

This will be a monester labtop , truely it is expensive , i will check RTX 2080 to see possibilities many thanks it is very nice to understand from others experience 
My pc   i9-9900KF CPU@3.60GHZ (16CPUs),mEMORY 32768MB RAM ,NVIDIA QUADRO RTX 4000 Approx. Total Memory 24367 MB -Display Memory (VRAM) :8018MB ,Shared Memory :16349MB

kornclub
Booster

i ve found offer but i wonder if it is good or not  

• Laptop Gaming ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM cu procesor Intel® Core™ i9-11900H, 17.3", Full HD, 144Hz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB

17in quite big but specs wise looks good! 😎

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Mainly i want to use it since Covid and worked from home I was thinking with a good laptop i can travel and work when ever i can ,i had bad experiences with laptops so i ve decided to buy better performance to support Archicad and other 3d programs . when i merge IFC strucure files into project that is the main problem too many bolts and plates makes Archicad to suffer and me too even to orbit tell i succeed to isolate layers .
I was checking MSI website and you can chose what you want it for but the problem is prices , sometimes i feel it is over priced that is why i wanted to see others experience with laptops ,medium projects, Charts with Graphisoft GPU didn`t help much to chose .  

ryejuan
Advisor

there is no one solution to buying a hardware for software it can vary, especially you're handling IFC with lots of bolts and plates for sure it will cause a huge lag on your system. Not sure if I'm correct but investing in a good processor adding more ram will help in loading those bolts and plates faster. Like i told you earlier if you are planning to do real time renderings etc. you can fully utilize the GPU's power that would be nice as well.

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I will wait to hunt offers and let you know if it was a good choise or not , I saw RTX 4000 best solution but expensive solution with i7 or i9  H  and ram 16+ should do the job done 
hope to find a good offer ,manythanks for replies 

Learn and get certified!