BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Schedule Square Footages

jameshart
Newcomer
On a multifamily project I am trying to setup an automatic schedule to count the residential units which will replace the unit count schedules that we currently make in Excel.

I have modeled a zone in each residential unit hotlink module, and then created a schedule that is set to merge uniform items. This works well for all columns until we get to the square footage columns. We need one column that shows the square footage for that unit type, but ArchiCAD adds them all together. Is it possible to tell the schedule to show the area in that column PER UNIT instead of COMBINED? Or can anyone suggest another approach?

Thanks!

desired_result.png
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
In one of your earlier posts you stated, "You are correct. No related zone_stamp object has a variable in sq.ft. and ArchiCAD does not apply proper formatting to variables pulled form objects to account for different calculation systems (it should, but it doesn't).
The easiest option I can see here, since ArchiCAD is not very cooperative, is to add additional variables in sq.ft. to zone_stamp object in question. Need help there?"

That was in response to someone working with IFC properties. As I was reading through the string of messages, I initially misinterpreted your suggestion to add the variable to the IFC data and not the actual library part. Upon rereading it again further, it is clear now that it is the library part that you are suggesting to modify. It looks like I need to create a custom Zone Label part...

Thank you for your assistance!
Anonymous
Not applicable
jfa_ra wrote:
Upon rereading it again further, it is clear now that it is the library part that you are suggesting to modify. It looks like I need to create a custom Zone Label part...

Thank you for your assistance!
Great. Hope it works. Although, I don't think I helped much.

Let me know, here, if you run into any issues, or want me to alter that library part for you, if it proves to be hard to manage. I am watching this thread.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
jfa_ra wrote:
I really do not like finding bugs in ArchiCAD and would prefer that not to be the case. Maybe I missed something in the variable definition.

Did you have a chance to look at the three screenshots in the previous pdf file?

Here is a snap shot of just the IFC settings.
I see you already figured it out, but just to make sure:

When you are creating mapping rules in the IFC Scheme Setup Dialog the items you specify in the content field are just placed one after the other in a text string.
So placing a * character will not multiple the values before and after it, the content field does not execute mathematical operations.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!