Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

VRAY for archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,
is there a free VRAY plug in for archicad 13+15?

thanks a lot!
25 REPLIES 25
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi maya at,

No, there isn't, but you can convert the ArchiCAD project to a rendering program, like
Artlantis (http://www.artlantis.com/),
Cinema4D (http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/cinema_4d/), or
3ds Max (http://archicadwiki.com/3DStudio).
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be really great tho.
Djordje
Ace
Katalin wrote:
Hi maya at,

No, there isn't, but you can convert the ArchiCAD project to a rendering program, like
Artlantis (http://www.artlantis.com/),
Cinema4D (http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/cinema_4d/), or
3ds Max (http://archicadwiki.com/3DStudio).
Export ... not convert
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
there's an ArchiCAD rendering API so it would be possible, but I'm not sure the market for it would be big enough for Chaos group (VRAY) to do it...
V-Ray for ArchiCAD would be great.

I think Revit with V-Ray vs. ArchiCAD with CineRender is going to be an interesting comparison over the next year or so.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will we have Vray as an option for Archicad by any chance? are you guys considering to bring those goodies?
runxel
Legend
BERSEKAEL wrote:
Will we have Vray as an option for Archicad by any chance? are you guys considering to bring those goodies?
You guys are definitely all in the wrong place.
Those inquiries should be targeted at Chaosgroup.

They would make it happen if there is enough demand. But I highly doubt that GS will ask them 😉
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
There is Octane Render plugin for Archicad to do this without any export :
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Steve wrote:
V-Ray for ArchiCAD would be great.

I think Revit with V-Ray vs. ArchiCAD with CineRender is going to be an interesting comparison over the next year or so.
It does not deals with the same aim
Archicad include CineRender to give a way of create simple best picture than Archicad Render
If you want to compare you might compare OctaneRender/Archicad to Vray/Revit
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin