Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bend ceiling

Equinoctial
Booster

I want to make some curvy shapes on a roof. 
Round shapes from above (I've succeeded in that). 
But from the side I want to bend the roof so that it bends down in a round shape (I haven't managed to do that myself).

I also want to put the pieces together into one, since there are currently two of them. Does it work?

Roof.jpg
25 REPLIES 25

Yes exactly! That's what I meant from the beginning. "Curved in only one direction"

Maybe it wasn't so clearly described in my first picture.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/How-to-design-Leaf-Roof/m-p/174516/highlight/true#M...    the links in this link don't seem to work anymore.

I didn't check to see if someone else posted this link.  

SteveJepson_0-1679705203314.png

SteveJepson_1-1679705256633.png

How to construct it is more interesting to me than how to model the shape of it. 

In my example of how to frame a roof like that,  I think you would use could use regular rafters and the sheathing would bent enough to give you a pretty good curved surcate.  It might need to be layers of a thiner roof sheathign that other wise, but I think it could be done. ?  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Hi, for that one you need to construct your shell by extrusion.

New Shell-1.png

New Shell-2.png

New Shell-3.png

New Shell-4 3D inter.png

New Shell-5.png

New Shell-6.png

New Shell-7..png

New Shell-8 Result in plan.png

New Shell-9 3D Result.png

  

    

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Then I have finally succeeded in what I wanted from the beginning! 

What I didn't tell you at the beginning, and that I "might want to do" is a cut down the middle.

Notch.jpg

 Something like that ?

Another shell.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Another shell 1.png

Another shell 2.png

Another shell 3.png

Another shell 4.png

Another shell 5.png

Another shell 6.png

Another shell 7.png