BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can site mesh be exempt from the renovation filters?

Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
How can I make the earth fill hatch pattern for my cut site mesh show in my sections and elevations for the site mesh no matter which renovation filter is on? It seems impossible to do that.

If I set he mesh as 'existing' it takes on the same grey poche fill as all other construction elements in the 'planned' view, and is solid black in the 'existing'view.
If I set it as 'planned' it shows the way I like in the 'planned' view, but doesn't show at all in the 'existing' view.

I have tried to fake it with a drafting fill but that doesn't work either, as even that has to have a renovation setting to it and then behaves the same way.

I noticed that in the Renovation filter options there are tickboxes for exempting text, dimensions, labels, fills from the reno filters, but these boxes are not accessible for the 'existing plan' filter.

Is there a way to see the earth hatch?
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Daniel:

It sounds like you are using a Renovation Override Style for the Existing Elements in your Renovation Filters, which includes an override for fills, try unchecking the Fill Type under Existing Elements.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Thanks David!

That is more like what I want to see and it will do for this project, though it would have been nice to be able to see override fills for existing construction elements but not for the site mesh.

I guess its one for the wishlist.
cheers
Daniel
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Daniel wrote:
though it would have been nice to be able to see override fills for existing construction elements but not for the site mesh.

I guess its one for the wishlist.
For me, a checkbox in the Settings dialog box for each element to exclude that element from the Renovation Override Filter (so in your case that particular Mesh would be ignored by the override and retain its fill) would work.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Hi David,
Not sure if I understand you, IS there such a checkbox and I hadn't found it, or is that on your wishlist? If so, I agree, that would be the best way to improve this tool.
cheers
Daniel
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Daniel wrote:
Not sure if I understand you, IS there such a checkbox and I hadn't found it, or is that on your wishlist?
It is a wish.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Learn and get certified!