BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Can you change parameters in multiple viewsets at one time?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there anyway to change the parameters of all of the perspective view sets at one time? Lets say I add a layer, change my output size, turn shadows off.....I have to open each view set (ctrl . to stop generation, then "stop" to keep it from rendering) then change the parameter, then redefine with the new parameter. Now repeat, 3, 8, 12 times however many perspectives the project has. There has to be a global change for view sets and I am must missing it.
Education requested.
Thanks wise ones.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
yes and no:

Layers: If you always assign a layer combination to your Views, you can easily redefine them on the fly bu altering the layer combination.

Shadows: these are controlled by the Section Marker. They are either on or off. You cannot re-define them by view at all. OR, if you are using the 3D window, then there is no "named combination" of 3D Window settings. I guess either way, you would have to manually re-define your Views.

Output size: not sure what you mean. Where are you defining this to begin with?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
By output size I mean in the 3D window settings. Isn't there a way to change 3D window setting, display options, photo rendering setting....across all of the viewsets?
Djordje
Ace
DHURD wrote:
By output size I mean in the 3D window settings. Isn't there a way to change 3D window setting, display options, photo rendering setting....across all of the viewsets?
Set everything as you wish, select all of the views that you want updated, select Update from the flyout arrow in the upper right corner.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
that won't redefine all of the perspectives to the set camera shot as well?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Perspectives remember the settings current at the time they were saved or redefined. If you have many perspectives, simply change the photorendering settings and redefine the views all at once. Otherwise create separate viewsets for each photo rendering setting. Basically, everything under the Image menu is stored with views. Shadows are a function of the S/E tool, not views, but as per photorenderings, their state will be remembered at the time the views are created/redefined.

I create two S/E's for each view in my templates, so that the whole system can remain fully automated.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!