Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite elements and sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Can anybody help me to undesrstand this?

When I make a section through a composite element, either a slab or a wall, the enclousure is not correctly drawn.

Please see attachment.

Thanks in advnce

Cheers
Sergio
8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru
Check the end line setting within your Composite. There are a couple of threads around regarding what I assume this is in regards to walls. The setting for slabs is identical.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
Check the end line setting within your Composite. There are a couple of threads around regarding what I assume this is in regards to walls. The setting for slabs is identical.

Ling.
Thanks a lot Ling,

It worked smoothly. I still have a little problem that you may be able to help me.

Attached you will find a couple of images. The corner of the insulation is having a thicker line and I have not been able to solve this problem.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot in advance

Sergio

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
What you see in the floorplan is a scripted 2D representation. The problem is the script 'grabs' the pen settings from the part of the composite / complex profile wall that it touches.

This is a bit hard to fix, you would have to manipulate the script of the library part most likely.

In these instances I generally think 'this is as good as it will get, within reasonable amount of work spent' and move on.

That said: depending on the priority of the building material, you could place a column with the insulation material, instead of using the door / window settings to create this in plan and you might get better result. You would need to place a lot of columns (depending on the amount of doors) and move them whenever you move the door though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
What you see in the floorplan is a scripted 2D representation. The problem is the script 'grabs' the pen settings from the part of the composite / complex profile wall that it touches.

This is a bit hard to fix, you would have to manipulate the script of the library part most likely.

In these instances I generally think 'this is as good as it will get, within reasonable amount of work spent' and move on.

That said: depending on the priority of the building material, you could place a column with the insulation material, instead of using the door / window settings to create this in plan and you might get better result. You would need to place a lot of columns (depending on the amount of doors) and move them whenever you move the door though.
Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the info. I'd like to know where do I find the scripts for the composite? I think it would be a good idea to solve the problem once and for all and use it/share it so everyone of us can deal better with this problem. I am sure we all have had this question before.

Thnks in advance.

Cheers
Sergio
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again,

and again with some hierarchical problems. These are two walls I did not draw. Still one is concrete and the other is the insulation. In any case the insulation appears to be on the top of the concrete one and this is exactly the opposite i want to see.

I have tried to send it to back but I think these commands are only working for 2d elements rather than 3d elements.

Is it possible to solve it somehow?

Thanks again in advance

Cheers
Sergio
runxel
Legend
Svorgodne wrote:
I'd like to know where do I find the scripts for the composite? I think it would be a good idea to solve the problem once and for all and use it/share it so everyone of us can deal better with this problem. I am sure we all have had this question before.
It's in the script of the door/window. Prepare yourself for alot of trouble, because those are full with macros calls inside macro calls.... It would be definitely a very big task – even for the most proficient GDL coders out there.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Barry Kelly
Svorgodne wrote:
These are two walls I did not draw. Still one is concrete and the other is the insulation. In any case the insulation appears to be on the top of the concrete one and this is exactly the opposite i want to see.

Check the strength of the building materials used in the walls.
Stronger building materials will trim weaker ones - but I don't think that is the issue here.

Display order will affect the plan view of 3D elements - including walls.
So you should be able to send the insulation wall back or bring the other wall forward.
You will see the line along the joining length will belong to one or the other wall - depending which is on top in display order.
Currently your insulation wall is above the other wall in display order - hence the thinner joining line between the two walls.

The thick end line you have circled is because the insulation has no end lines at the moment.
If it is a composite wall, you can turn on the end lines in the composite settings dialogue.

If it is not a composite or that did not help, then in the floor plan display settings for the wall you can turn on the end lines (usually this is on by default).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Svorgodne wrote:
Thanks a lot Ling,

It worked smoothly. I still have a little problem that you may be able to help me.

Attached you will find a couple of images. The corner of the insulation is having a thicker line and I have not been able to solve this problem.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot in advance

Sergio
Hello Sergio,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, this was an old defect with the library part that has not been fixed, due to the low number of reports. It is registered in our system as DEF-4521. Sadly, there is no easy workaround for this problem. I reopened the case once again, hopefully, to give it a higher priority.

Regarding your second problem:
Svorgodne wrote:
and again with some hierarchical problems. These are two walls I did not draw. Still one is concrete and the other is the insulation. In any case the insulation appears to be on the top of the concrete one and this is exactly the opposite i want to see.
Am I correct to assume that the insulation is modeled using separate single-layer walls? When the reference lines of different walls touching each other, their presentation tends to be messy. But if these are 2 composite walls connecting in a T-shape manner, then please let me know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT