Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Losing Library Parts Upon Saving

toman311
Enthusiast
I have a copy of a project as a 3D model. It has a custom door leaf for the 3 garage doors and it has stairs that were made in AC20. I currently have been working in AC21 for maybe 4 months now.
So, the problem is...
Upon saving and reopening the file, the custom door leafs for the garage doors (which were made from slabs) and the stairs are missing. Yet, not all of the stairs are missing. Just the ones at the breezeway are missing. There's 7 sets of stairs with multiple treads each. There are a few stairs that are on the exterior too, yet those are still present along with the stair going to the second floor.

I'm not to sure how to proceed.
I do have a copy of the project open that shows everything. I didn't notice that things weren't showing up till a coworker tried to open up the file as a "Read Only". So, I tried to do the same thing and I noticed that those breezeway stairs and the 3 custom garage door leafs are now missing. I don't have those custom door leafs that I made in the project anymore, so I really don't want to have to redraw them.

Any ideas on how to get those model parts back?
I am free to accept plenty of help right now because I luckily have the good project file open. Once that is closed, I lose all the information that is missing (unless someone has something up their sleeve?). I'm a little worried that I may be forced to close the file sometime. Plus, our office needs a working project file for this project.

UPDATE: I also would like to add that I tried saving the file as an .PLA (archive file) and that doesn't seem to solve the problem either.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
toman311
Enthusiast
I saved my whole Embedded Library to a folder. Then I reloaded it into the messed up project. I then saved the now fixed project. When I go and reopen that project, everything comes in fine.

I'm not to sure why ArchiCAD did this, but I supposedly have it fixed as of now.

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Maybe this will help?

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=59277

Also read the Helpcenter link

There was a stair bug with build 5010 that is supposed to be fixed now.
Not sure if that is the problem with your custom door panels but the Helpcenter article does mention a problem with other object becoming available a s custom stair objects.

I noticed I had a file just the other day will missing stairs but I have not yet gone through this process to see if it helps.

Your custom doors should be saved as objects in your embedded library.
If they are not there then they will need to be in a library that is being loaded otherwise they will not be available in the file.
But maybe the stair fix will be the answer if they are in the embedded (or loaded) library.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Are they listed as missing from your library? Or do they just not show?

One of my custom leafs would occasionally swap with a mirrored version I had, which I think I resolved by re-assigning the custom leaf. Not quite the same situation as your garage door but it might be a similar issue.

If they your custom objects are showing in your library, have you tried saving them to a different location, then reloading them from the new location?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
toman311
Enthusiast
They are listed in my library in the good file that I luckily still have open, yet the custom garage door leafs are stated by the Embedded Library that there are 0 of those instances placed in the project. Although, the stairs that disappear are showing that their are instances placed of those stairs.

When I look in a file that I recently opened where the custom garage door leafs and breezeway stairs are missing, those objects are not in the Embedded Library. I don't know where they could have gone by just saving the file?

toman311
Enthusiast
Also, I have the AC21 5021 update. I haven't updated my library to 5555.5 update. I'm waiting on that because I don't want to have to restart ArchiCAD if it's necessary. Then I would loose my good file that I luckily still have open.

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Are these doors you have modelled using slabs and such and saved as a custom panel or are these library parts you have scripted yourself from scratch and gave the correct subtype for custom panel?

We have a lot of our own custom door panels that are scripted to be parametric with certain things. Sometimes these will go 'missing' in the project (not recognized by the doors as a custom panel). If I open the custom panel and save it again, this forces a refresh of the list of custom panels and they show up again.

I don't have them in the embedded library though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
toman311
Enthusiast
Sorry about my signature. It had the wrong build number for ArchiCAD.

These library parts were created from scratch with slabs in the project and saved from the project as Custom Door Leafs. I did not script them.

Solution
toman311
Enthusiast
I saved my whole Embedded Library to a folder. Then I reloaded it into the messed up project. I then saved the now fixed project. When I go and reopen that project, everything comes in fine.

I'm not to sure why ArchiCAD did this, but I supposedly have it fixed as of now.