BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO properties lost

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like I'm having a problem that I shouldn't be. I've done a number of SEO operations trying to subtract a slab from a thickened ground plane and it worked wonderfully... for a while. However, after going to the section view, every once in a while I notice that it looses the info.

I'm having a similar problem where one of the foundation walls is not subtracting from the plane, and I end up having 2 fill patterns one on top of the other.

Anybody see this before and know of a solution or workaround?
4 REPLIES 4
lapishawaii
Participant
I have been working extensively with SEO and have not had any problems. However sometimes it appears that an object has been selected but I realize later that I had selected an overlaying object. Another possible cause of your problems could be that the operator or target have been moved or accidentally deleted.
KeesW
Advocate
I've not looked at the list for a while.

What is 'SEO"?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Sergio wrote:
Seems like I'm having a problem that I shouldn't be. I've done a number of SEO operations trying to subtract a slab from a thickened ground plane and it worked wonderfully... for a while. However, after going to the section view, every once in a while I notice that it looses the info.
Anybody see this before and know of a solution or workaround?

I have had the same problem a few times. It seems to me that if I have footings/slab edge thickenings cutting a site mesh using subtraction with upward extrusion, the basement floor slab edges coincide with this other cut and the slab does not register as a valid operator element since the slab edges are on the line already cut. If the footings/slab edge thickenings cut the mesh using subtraction only, the Slab cut seems to take.

I am not sure if this is what causes the erratic behaviour, but it made some kind of sense to me at the time.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had the same type of problem where one the SEO would work fine and then other days it would revert back. I had roofs to form a ramp and my main basement slab, the weird thing was some of the ramp roofs would work and others would not.
I ended up cutting a hole in the site mesh, but isn't really the look on my sections I wanted.

on another note:
my project has .pln modules of indiviual apartments inserted into an overall structure model.
I found that trim to roof did not trim the module walls, but doing a SEO using my roofs worked great ( so far ).
Learn and get certified!