BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Selection tool - entire elements - missing feature

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Im using the select entire elements with swipe right or left a lot together with the magnet deactivated and I think it's a great feature. But it does not work selecting doors or windows for example in a walls. Is this a bug, Im doing something wrong? This would really make my day more efficient.

Regards
Alexander
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
No, not a bug, that is how Archicad works.
There are many ways to select elements in Archicad which is one of its strengths.

If you want to select multiple windows/doors, rather then selecting them individually (aka hunt & peck), use the command to select all, ctrl/cmmd + A.
If you only want to select them within part of your design, you can draw a marquee around the area, activate the window or door tool, then select all, ctrl/cmmd + A.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I agree that's one of archicads strengths. I usually use the marquee + tool selected + ctrl A but it would be way faster to just use the select whole element marquee. I find it strange that it works with objects, walls etc but when you put a window or door in a wall it doesn't consider it as an object...
Learn and get certified!