BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Which buttons switch from "hand pan" to "arrow"?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm stuck folks...it seems that from time to time...I'm touching or toggling a combination of key strokes that switches my selection icon from an "arrow" to a "hand pan" tool? I'm not sure what I'm pressing when I cause this to happen but it's annoying as heck...and I'm having trouble getting it back to standard "arrow" selection icon.
I know it's somewhere on the left side of the keyboard. somewhere when I inadvertantly hit the "tiddle key" or the "tab key" or the "ctrl+esp" or tildy combo...but I just can't seem to figure out WHICH of these key strokes and combo keystrokes I'm causing to switch the arrow selection icon to a hand icon...please anyone...help.

Arrow-to-Hand-keystroke.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm sure others have experienced this and have found the answer so please....it's really driving me batty!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
Try checking under Work Environments - Keyboard Shortcuts.
Look at the entire list in alphabetical order.
Find 'Pan".
See what key combos are assigned to it.
Then change the keyboard shortcut so you don't hit it by accident...

My pan shortcuts are not easily hit by mistake.

-Cheers
Capture.JPG
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks a heep.
much appreciated.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know, clicking the middle mouse (or mouse wheel) is the default command to switch from arrow to pan.
rob2218
Enthusiast
i checked the working environment and I don't have any assigned shortcuts. it's very odd...happens when I'm holding down my left "shif" key while I'm toggling thru objects trying to locate what's on top, bottom etc...
sometimes I click my finger on a button, then all of a sudden the hand pan icon comes on. I can still select with the hand pan icon but it's not very accurate. it's as if as though the "arrow" selection icon changes to a "hand pan" selection icon because of this certain key stroke combination.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

We're having the same problem in our office and would be VERY keen to figure out what is going on? Our support people are saying it is user error but also not sure what buttons are being pushed to get this 'hand pan'.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It seems to be a bug where the mouse pointer gets stuck in one mode. Quite often it's pan, but I've had it get stuck on other symbols too. Activating the arrow select tool in the toolbox fixes it again.

As I recall this started happening when we switched from Windows XP (32 bit) to Windows 7 (64 bit). Happens in AC15 and AC16. Haven't used AC11-14 much to tell if it happens there.

I've tried a lot of things with updating mouse driver and whatnot, but no result. So far I've just gotten used to activating the arrow select tool now and then when I notice the pointer is stuck in one type of symbol.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if it's a bug or a glitch but it isn't user error. I have seen similar behavior, though rarely, on my Mac. As I recall tabbing out and back into ArchiCAD and maybe just switching windows fixes it.
Eduardo Rolon
Seen it too. Stuck in white arrow, invisible, pan, etc. Using Esc and switching back and forth from another program fixes it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!