Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Window Closures

ivorhession
Booster

hey,

I am having an issue which i think ive just done something dumb but cant work it out.

Im placing a window with a traditional cavity closure, I have done it the same way 100s of time and never a issue but for some reason the cavity closure is not sitting in the cavity.

Using the same window in slightly different wall types in the same model it will work perfectly in one and its wrong in the other.

I have tried adjusting the wall build ups, the materials in the build up but to not avail.

Attached are a couple of images showing the correct (the one with a perpendicular wall) out come and the one which is wrong (the one in the straight run of wall.).  

I'm having the same issue with doors so I think this is a wall related issue rather than the window... 

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Ivor

Window Correct.jpg

Window Incorrect.jpg

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Have you assigned the layers of the composite wall correctly to be core, finishes and other?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Have you assigned the layers of the composite wall correctly to be core, finishes and other?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Yep, that's the issue - tweaked my prototype walls and forgot to reset the cores etc and never even thought to look at it in the new project...

Thanks for the help. 

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture