BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

error with custom dot-pattern/halftone fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm working on a set of presentation drawings and would like to use a simple dot-pattern or halftone fill on the elevations. I'm not a fan of the percentage fills because they're too solid and don't fit the graphic style in this particular project.

I couldn't find an existing fill (stucco is close but not perfectly consistent) so I created an image fill but the results are a mess. The fills on the 1st floor display as lines and the fill on the roof, while a dot pattern, has a grey background which shouldn't be there. The 2nd floor fills are correct and what I'm looking for.

Everything looks great on screen and I've checked the file to ensure there are no duplicate or overlapping drawing elements. Any ideas on what is causing this? Would it be possible to create a custom vector fill instead?

Test print is attached (I can provide the screen capture and dot-pattern image fill too but I don't know how to upload multiple attachments.) Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I'm not seeing an attachment, but this is my first time posting. The website seemed to upload the file I selected...
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Upload doesn't work... link to test print & screen capture here.

http://imgur.com/Jgbrz8h
Learn and get certified!