BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

font problem mac to pc

Erika Epstein
Booster
I am using the Frank Lloyd Wright fonts on a project. I go back and forth between a mac and pc. When ever I bring the project to the pc from mac, all the fonts change to my default arial because the font shows as not loaded.
While it is not the primary font used, it is a lot of work correcting each instance of the font.

Is there something that can be done to fix this?
Anyone know why it is happening?

Thanks

MAC to PC font prob.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Erika,

As you have noted (clarifying for newbies), any font name that appears in the dialogs or info box inside square brackets [] is not installed on the computer that one is working on, and will have a default font substituted. (Default font is in the registry/plist and is by default Arial.)

The problem I have run into going from Windows to Mac, is that Windows often wants to tack 'Western' at the end of a font name (for me in the US) - so I get Arial Western, rather than just Arial ... and then on the Mac I get the undefined [Arial Western], since the font name is really just 'Arial', but Windows screwed up the name. I have no idea what's going on there. Might be related to your problem - assuming the font is indeed installed on both machines. Can't see the native P22 fonts in the screenshot, but the fact that one piece of text shows correctly, shows that they are installed...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Karl.
I had corrected the font on the left to show the difference. Another unsolved mystery.
Hopefully the mbp I am purchasing will alleviate this problem.
Thanks
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I envy you for getting the MBP. We have half and half here and the Mac users have a much better day than us windows/ pc users
Learn and get certified!