BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ifc to gsm without calling the ifc

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I got answer abour this that I didn't really understand so here goes.
I have ifc-objects I want to convert to .gsm without having the .gsm call the original ifc-object. How do I do this?
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
8 REPLIES 8
Probably by exploding the original to a morph is the only option...
(do not forget to position the morph to project origin, then reset the textures...and if wiling to use in versions prior to 17 - downgrade the file with just the morphs to 16 - if the object is created from morph coming from 16 - the code can be downgraded further in AC or via xml tool)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Piotr wrote:
Probably by exploding the original to a morph is the only option...
(do not forget to position the morph to project origin, then reset the textures...and if wiling to use in versions prior to 17 - downgrade the file with just the morphs to 16 - if the object is created from morph coming from 16 - the code can be downgraded further in AC or via xml tool)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Yep, that's how I do it....crap there is no other method when there are many objects to convert. I will add some sensible names to the surfaces as well...therapy time...
Thx,
AC 25 SWE Full

The other method is...manual scripting which I would recommend if the 3d shapes can be built with the gdl normal higher priofile shapes without using the low profile vert/edge/poly.
Best Regards,
Piotr
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Don't forget lots of coffee.

I wonder if saving out to .SKP and importing that would be an option. Sketchup models get converted to GDL objects.

Same goes for 3DS.

You'll get lots of triangulation though. Joy.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
Don't forget lots of coffee.
Haha yes! It's a #/¤&(#/%=" studid process. I'm gonna clean up a toilet paper dispenser this afternoon. Cutting edge stuff.
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Just out of interest, what's stopping you of dumping a 3d cube object in there with the basic dimensions and just setting up the IFC-tags to be dispenser?

Is it for 3D presentation?
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Erwin wrote:
Just out of interest, what's stopping you of dumping a 3d cube object in there with the basic dimensions and just setting up the IFC-tags to be dispenser?

Is it for 3D presentation?
Yup, All BIM. Room drawings (interior elevations) with interior and ID's.
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Well, at least it is instant result work, like mowing the lawn. Put on some good tunes and put the brain on pause

I'm not sure I'd be able to justify the hours of work, though... that's some dedication to presentation!
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!