BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Warning" message when opening section/elevation &

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello

i'm not new to AC but generally only use the 3D capacity on a very basic level - generating sections that i then doctor-up with lines/fills/text etc.

my problem: i am in the middle of creating my first AC10 project. i have built the existing and the proposed. when i cut a section/elevation or place a camera and try to view or open a window i get the following warning window with a yellow hazzard sign...

"Polygon is degenerated.
at line 252 in the 3D script of file D_Frame_Rectangular.gsm."

my options are Stop or Continue

when i hit continue the same message pops up again but with the "line 252" changed to "263" then to "272". this repeats countless times until the window/image finally opens.

what does this message mean? it is very irritating and i feel the view i finally do get is incomplete. more importantly i feel i have built a model that is not robust - but the model isn't very complicated - just some walls, windows, doors, slabs and a very basic roof!

it only happens with the proposed (floor) plans and not the existing. so i checked the floor to ceiling windows i'd places and changed them so they weren't so large to make sure they didn't exceed the wall dimensions.

thank you for your time
ps: i'm on mac
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have a bad parameter in a door or window. You can select individual walls to view in 3d to determine which wall has that bad door/window in it and then go check its paramters to determine which one causes the object to fail. If the problem can't correct, delete the offending object adn try to re-place it into the wall. Be aware that you can not just enter any vaule you want in any paramter in parametric objects without a remote chance of corrupting the placed object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Daniel
how do i view individual walls?
thanks again
Moji
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the individual elements you would like to view from plan and hit f4 (mac) OR F3 if you don't already ahve the 3d window open.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you, it seems to be working. i had a few doors and windows with bad parameters - i keep trying to simplify the floor plan view of these elements to make them look like they did in v8.0 (or was it 7.something?) - the 9.0 and 10.0 seem to have too many options for just a floor plans. i know there's a scale sensitive option but that's too simple a view. i guess i should take a little time and set up a few favorties that work and have the plan view i want.
Djordje
Ace
Moji,
Moji wrote:
ps: i'm on mac
Please always state your OS and Archicad version ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
right, OSX Tiger on Intel w/ AC10.0
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Better to write it in your signature in your Profile so it always appears when you post.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!