BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

stairs not showing in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
for some reason I can't see my stairs in section. I have compared it to another job which is ok & I can't see any obvious differences.
can someone help please?
thanks

Helen
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any chance you have two stairs in the same location? If so one may cancel the other out.

Does the stair show in 3D window?

Is it a standard AC Stair object or Cadimage Stair tool?

What version of AC and what OS? (This information would be best placed in a signature on your profile for future reference, see Profile button at top of page)
Anonymous
Not applicable
only one set of stairs.
the object is a 4D library part. I have updated my signature 🙂
I have also just discovered that this keyboard won't allow me to view 3D in section....big bummer.....unless you can help me with that too...
I have recently gone from microsoft & ArchiCAD 17 to iMac & ArchiCAD 18, so am on a learning curve. especially with the fact I use a microsoft keyboard (sculpt ergonomic) so things aren't completely happening forme.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, so i finally figured out how to see a 3D section using the toolbar. & no the stairs aren't showing here either, so they ONLY show in plan.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not familiar with the 4D Library objects, but do they show in the preview window in 3D?
Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 4.41.33 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
nope, so there is something wrong with the symbol itself I guess, I have contacted the creator.
thanks
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know this GDL object but there could be a parameter that controls the 3D of the object. In certain default ArchiCAD Library parts you can even completely turn off the 3D of the object. Maybe this one has a similar parameter.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the input everyone, there was a problem with the actual 4D symbol. the stairs had a curved first step, this is a glitch, so to get around it before a hot fix comes through, I had to make the first step square and then just 2D over it.

thanks
Learn and get certified!