Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

2x2 ceiling fill printing problem

dhnguyen
Contributor
I'm not sure why when I print out my reflected ceiling plan, my 2x2 ceiling fill comes out funny--- has anyone has this problem and how did you solve it?
Even if i changed my pen weight from .05mm to .15mm, it does not make a difference.

attached are 2 different images, 1 is a pdf and the other one is a hard copy.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
12 REPLIES 12
Hello,

Did you print it by a Publication/Draw, by Files/Print, by Files/Draw or by printing a PDF with an external viewer ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
dhnguyen
Contributor
Hi,

I used the navigator to publish the pdf, then i print it to the plotter (HPDESIGN JET)
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Hello,

I am not surprised then. The subject seems to me more to be the printer driver of your plotter HP rather than Archicad. Also it would seem to me more relevant to use the Archicad plot function than the print function.
What is you paper size we can see on your picture ?

Have a nice day ,
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
dhnguyen
Contributor
it's 30" x 42" - see attached
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Print is more for A4, A3 and other little paper size
All taller paper size have to be plot and not print to have better result
Try and tell us ◔_◔
Christophe - FRANCE

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Most large format printers are excactly that: a printer. The plot function is not well suited for these machines.

We've been printing to our large format machines since about AC10 when plotmaker was obsolete and we got a new Océ TCS500 at the time.

Currently we have Canon machine and we use print for that too.

Printing directly from Archicad yields better and faster results than publishing to PDF and printing that, by the way. At least in my experience with several large format printers.

Just set up a printing publishing set.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin wrote:
Printing directly from Archicad yields better and faster results than publishing to PDF and printing that, by the way.
Of course !

All is written here :
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25620/
Christophe - FRANCE

dhnguyen
Contributor
Thank you for your responses, printing the drawing directly to the plotter solves this problem, however, if I send the drawing to consultants as a PDF, this option takes forever to print to PDF. It has been 20 minutes and I still haven't been able to print to PDF-- not sure why. I changed my dpi to 300 to speed up the process but it doesn't seem to work.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Today and since few years there is no real solution to print a heavy pdf which have got a lot of hatch : for a lot of software and I don't know why.

You can also transform your vectorial pdf into a bitmap pdf to be sure it could be print easier than you original pdf but... It's not a vectoriel file ! 😕

I dream about a new archicad function to do that !
Christophe - FRANCE