BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Create Title Block in Worksheet instead of Master Layouts

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I just saw this neat solution on the Cadimage blog:

Basically they create their Title Blocks for their Layouts in an independent Worksheet Viewpoint instead of on each Master Layout. Then they place this Worksheet as a saved View on each of those Master Layout. This way there is a single place where you can make modifications to your Title Block and it will be updated on all Layouts. Of course this solution works best if you have a Title Block that fits on Layouts of all sizes. But in an office where there are many Master Layouts, it is definitely a time saver.
Apparently this is part of the New Zealand template. But I don't see it in the INT template:

http://blog.cadimage.com/2014/11/1-title-for-all-layouts/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks for the share Laszlo. But I wonder how much the benefits outweigh the overhead, if at all.

Because now there are as many more linked drawings as there are masters, assuming they are all live. And how often do you really change your title block information? Is it enough to warrant all this overhead.

Personally, I've never done this in any of my templates.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Link.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, the possible overhead needs to be considered.
If I had at least 4-5 different Master Layouts which used the same Title Block, I would probably use this method. (I like to use the idea of having to change something once and having it update everywhere as much as possible.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
This is how the dutch template works as well and in turn our office uses a variation.

I've never noticed problems with drawing updates slowing down.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Eduardo Rolon
Have been using this trick since forever but with 18 you have to remember to place the Revision Object on the Master Layout since it will not work if placed on a worksheet.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ejrolon wrote:
Have been using this trick since forever but with 18 you have to remember to place the Revision Object on the Master Layout since it will not work if placed on a worksheet.
Another good reason not to bother with it!

Cheers,
Link.
Eduardo Rolon
Not necessarily if you are the type of architect that keeps redesigning the Office Layout.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
We have always used a title block in a section/elevation in our case (never have liked the detail or worksheet tools - plus I don't think they were there when we first started - can't remember).

We have one object that actually draws a number of different configurations of the title block.
We then add this to the master layouts and crop to the part of the title block we want to use.
So one view is used on any size/orientation of page we want.
Very easy to add it to new masters or even directly into a layout if we want to.

Plus being one object we only have to update the client/job details and even the different company logos once in the object and all layouts are instantly updated.

We don't use the Project Info for client/job details but that could be done as well - we have all that in the tile block object.

Also we don't use the Revision Manager yet but I will look into it as we adopt 18. But it is probably something we won't need to use (small residential work).
All revision are simply added to our title block object at present, they show on all sheets and we always publish a complete new set when needed rather than individual pages.

The attached image of our title bocks is all one object - change one you change them all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!