Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

DETAIL MARKER HEAD ROTATION?

rob2218
Enthusiast
in the model view, the detail marker head is horizontal, yet when I place the viewmap on the layout, I needed to orient the view in a 90 degree rotation.

therefore, the detail marker head is now no longer horizontal....how do I get the marker head to display properly so that it reads horizontal on the layouts. I know it will be rotated on the "model" environment and that's ok.....I just need the detail marker to rotate 90 counterclockwise so that it reads correctly on the "layout" (sheets).

DETAIL MARKER HEAD ROTATION-SMALL.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't you rotate the view before placing it in the layout, instead of rotating the view in the layout?
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK, I guess I should have mentioned that "that view" is coming from the model itself. it's not a clipped detail 2D linework view...it's merely an enlarged view of the entry with a different layer combo, different penset, etc...but I can't very well rotate the entire model now can I?

I just need that detail marker head to be able to be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise is all.
vgodzb wrote:
Why don't you rotate the view before placing it in the layout, instead of rotating the view in the layout?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
First check the settings in the detail.
Go to Marker Geometry > Marker Head Rotation > Always Horizontal

Then make another view and rotate it 90 degrees, save that view as such then place it on the layout.
rob2218 wrote:
OK, I guess I should have mentioned that "that view" is coming from the model itself. it's not a clipped detail 2D linework view...it's merely an enlarged view of the entry with a different layer combo, different penset, etc...but I can't very well rotate the entire model now can I?

I just need that detail marker head to be able to be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise is all.
vgodzb wrote:

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 5.58.53 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
See attached
rob2218
Enthusiast
Not sure I follow.
the "view" is basically an enlarged view of the model's own orientation. how do I "rotate" the view if the view is coming straight from the model source. it's not a 2D cropped or detail cropped linework....it "IS" the model itself.
vgodzb wrote:

Then make another view and rotate it 90 degrees, save that view as such then place it on the layout.
rob2218 wrote:

vgodzb wrote:
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
if I select "Always Horizontal" i think that sets it to "always horizontal AS IT IS IN THE MODEL ENVIRONMENT".....but that doesn't help me.

The model is rotate and STAYS how it is oriented the way it is......it's the 'marker head' I need to rotate as per my diagram on the OP.
vgodzb wrote:

rob2218 wrote:

vgodzb wrote:
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rotate with the Rotate Orientation button at the bottom of your main view window, then (re)save the view or "Get current window's settings".
Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 4.19.19 PM.png
rob2218
Enthusiast
Stuart,
I did just that.
Rotated my orientation in the model envirnment.
Then I saved my view.
Then I placed that new view on a layout and the market detail tag still will not rotate properly even after I've set the parameter in the actual marker head.

The detail marker still is rotated 90 degrees from how I need it to be.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23