BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension text direction in Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear,

During the drawing of a big project I got to the strange problem. When I put a part of a project (as a drawing) in a layout and rotate it for a 90°, dimension text remains just it was at the drawing, and it is hard readable on a paper sheet (you need to rotate paper for 180° to be able to read it). Usually, with the small buildings, I was making an easy solution with rotation of whole building for a 90° before putting it on a layout... now it would be not a good solution, because all other dimension texts in whole project will not stay in right positions. Is there any option to fix that problem just for that layout?

Thanks

P.S. I am using Archicad 19
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
If I understand correctly.
The correct way to do this is to save the view with the rotation first and then place it in the layout. Use the "Set Orientation" command and when you select the view check also that under Zooming you have "Zoomed Area" selected as part of the settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
If I understand correctly.
The correct way to do this is to save the view with the rotation first and then place it in the layout. Use the "Set Orientation" command and when you select the view check also that under Zooming you have "Zoomed Area" selected as part of the settings.
Wow! Thank you! That was huge help!
Learn and get certified!