Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Published plans dissapear

Anonymous
Not applicable
We ve been having some trouble lately publishing our plans.
Some folder just have nothing inside even though there are no warnings when publishing.
What could be the problem?
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
So after publishing, all the items appear as "Saved" ?
Are you sure you are publishing to the exact same folder you are looking at?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you're using AC23, in the publisher window, after they have green ticks (successfully published), try to right click on one of the paths, to Show in File Explorer.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

Take a look into this thread - https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68959
Perhaps your issue is related to it.

Long story short - long filename paths when publishing are risky. Published PDF's got 0 kb size in my case but maybe it is somehow related to your missing PDF's situation. Maybe you could try publishing to the shortest path possible?
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
So after publishing, all the items appear as 'Saved" ?
Are you sure you are publishing to the exact same folder you are looking at?

Barry.
yes all items - green ticks - saved
the folder is created automatically by publishing using the folder hierarchy.
Other folders have sections and elevations inside, but my plans specifically dissapear, i mean i can see the folder but there is nothing inside.

when i try and export again only the plans this time flat strucutre , into the folder they should have been published, again it doesnt work.
I have to publish them outside this hierarchy and then cut paste inside that specific folder.
Could this be a problem with the folder naming maybe?
LucaP
Enthusiast

Can't say for sure but there is some issue there connected with folder/file naming when publishing.

My workaround was to create temporary publishing folder in some short path ("D:\AC_Publisher\" in my case). I know it's cumbersome to copy and paste after publishing huge batch of drawings, but this way I could keep my folder structure and just copy main folder with the structure in it.
Łukasz Pietraszko
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Barry Kelly
papsphilip wrote:

It could be.
The path may be too long as mentioned before (but then I wouldn't expect the other files to publish either).
Or maybe you have a special character in the plan name or folder?
I try to even avoid full stops in a name.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
papsphilip wrote:

It could be.
The path may be too long as mentioned before (but then I wouldn't expect the other files to publish either).
I try to even avoid full stops in a name.

Barry.

Υes sometimes full stops have created problems others times again no, its weird. special characters always cause problems so i avoid those.
But i published my folders directly to the desktop and it seems to be working, all plans are there (with full stops in the titles)
LucaP
Enthusiast
papsphilip wrote:
Barry wrote:
papsphilip wrote:

It could be.
I try to even avoid full stops in a name. But you have to keep in min

Barry.

Υes sometimes full stops have created problems others times again no, its weird. special characters always cause problems so i avoid those.
But i published my folders directly to the desktop and it seems to be working, all plans are there (with full stops in the titles)

In Windows paths can have maximum of 256 characters. When you publish to desktop your total path is: "C:\Users\User\Desktop\YourQuiteLongFilename.pdf" so you still have some characters left, but you have to keep in mind that location on your disk adds some characters to your filename.
Łukasz Pietraszko
Anonymous
Not applicable
So i guess i have to publish to my Desktop and then copy paste to the appropriate directory. doesnt sound right but its the simplest solution so far