Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dimension text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, can I have a dimension like in my attachment in 2D?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello evklek,

You need to modify a marker otherwise you will not have access to the height of the door.
Using global variables you can try to track dimension style so matching with your dimension style will be automatic.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo, thank you, but the door does not have a height. It is 2D. In Nemetschek they have something like <MeasuredValue>\X2.80, but itdoesn'tt work in Archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Eva,
you are right, by selecting the text of the dimension and opening properties you can select custom text and auto text, but the special character /n, used to start a new line in many contexts doesn't seem to function here.
Let's hope someone wiser can tell us how to solve,
otherwise let's script an object to simulate dimension with all the text you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Eva,
i have forgotten to mention that if you turn yourself from 2d to real model, GS had already solved your problem, select dimension and open properties->dimension details->display the height of openings, try it with a wall and a door.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Ilder, thank you very much. I know you can have a height dimention if you use objects door and window. I received the drawings from an Architect and they do it just in 2D and it is a lot of doors and windows, I was hoping to adjust their dimension text.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can also use the Document\Document Extras\Secondary Dimension\Convert Dimensions menu command.
You can choose any option for the conversion, it does not matter since you are going to change that text.
It will create a text element below your Dimension Text. You can then select it and edit it to modify it to the value you want.
You may then also group the Dimension with this Text element so they move together.

The same thing can be achieved if you simply select the Dimension Text and Drag a Copy of it, then modify its value.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That works, great thanks.