Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 22 - copy and paste within text boxes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I am having an issue where i am trying to copy partial text within a text box and paste it into another text box. It looks like the text doesn't even copy to the clipboard when I select "copy" and hence when I paste there is nothing! My colleague has the same problem. We are using ArchiCAD 22. If we copy and paste text from elsewhere, such as Notepad, it seems to work fine. It only happens when trying to copy from text box to text box within ArchiCAD. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this issue?
Thanks
69 REPLIES 69

Damn, thanks for the update.  I was hoping this problem would be resolved by AC27 - I'm about to start a project it that.  My copy function doesn't work at all anymore in AC24. Definitely the most time-consuming problem with Archicad. Such a basic function to not have!

this is still one of the biggest issues that Graphisoft refuse to look into and resolve. The fact it's been happening since v22 and we're about to go to v28 is astoundingly poor software management from graphisoft and everyone involved.    

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 4.60 GHz | 32 GB RAM |M.2 500GB + M.2 1TB | 2x Dell 27” | WIN 10 Home 64
NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB (Studio Driver)
Archicad 27 (Since v12)
SMArquitetos
Contributor

they don't care. we just need to pay what they want and plee then to atleast have something work. I have ac 27 and have to work with ac26 because ac 27 is pure crap while opening references / objects / zooming!

The copy paste fuction is a gem for us to deal. Just shift+-x and the cut fubction works. That's just the case to add an extra shift + V to paste it again... wo bother for the extra clics

Thank you so much!!!  😀   - I think I have gone for 6 months now managing without copy and paste within the text box (there are a few work-arounds involving copying the entire box and deleting what I don't want - or if I am doing a lot of text work I will turn off my Eset Antivirus security tool "safe passwords and banking" restart my whole computer - do the text work - and then re-toggle the safe passwords and banking back on when I've finished again - what a hassle that was!)

On my PC I need to add the shift to both the copy/cut and paste functions  ie. CTRL + SHIFT + X (or C) and CTRL + SHIFT + V to paste again.

You have solved me soooo much hassle - made my day! - Thanks - LNAK

Does your Eset Antivirus have settings that will allow it to ignore the Graphisoft programs?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
haymont
Booster

i've looked into this many times on hte Esetand can't see any issue. It doesn't appear to be an Eset probelm as some users above dont have Eset software and have the same problems

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core 4.60 GHz | 32 GB RAM |M.2 500GB + M.2 1TB | 2x Dell 27” | WIN 10 Home 64
Archicad 27 (Since v12)

Thanks @Marcin B for your input, I would like to add that I also use ESET security and in my case, I was able to solve this issue by disabling the 'Clipboard Protection' option. Below is the long-winded path to get to this specific setting within ESET:

Setup > Security Tools > Safe Banking & Browsing > Configure > Advanced Setup > Browser Protection > Secured Browser > Clipboard Protection - toggle OFF

Archicad 24, Windows 10, Lenovo Yoga 15

hallelujah!!!

I think it has FINALLY BEEN SOLVED You are a champion!!

I just followed these steps on my ESET settings and it would appear that i can now copy & paste text from one text box to another!!! I can't thank you enough  

👏👏

copied and pasted your steps below for anyone else having this problem

Setup > Security Tools > Safe Banking & Browsing > Configure > Advanced Setup > Browser Protection > Secured Browser > Clipboard Protection - toggle OFF 

Archicad 27 (Since v12)

OMG! I think this has finally solved it! Thanks so much Axel F!

AC25 & AC26
Win10 64 bit

Hi Axel - I agree with haymont - you are a legend 🎉 🏆  .  I have ESET and have had this problem for months - I didn't mind the previous work-around to add "shift key" to the key command but now everything is back to normal and I don't even have to do that!  Thanks so much for joining the discussion.