Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Disappearing grid elements from sections in AC20

In AC 20 7001, sections
- with their gridlines set to show 'all stories, only selected', with say 50% of the perpendicular grid elements selected,
- with their views brought as drawings and showing OK,
are suddenly losing all their gridlines but one (they keep only '1' (first one on the x axis) and 'A' (first on the y axis), so that only one of them shows in each section (because the other one is not perpendicular); in some cases they keep a couple more gridlines. I go to section marker and all the grid elements but these two are now unchecked. In some cases when I go to section settings I find a lot of the perpendicular gridlines are checked instead.
I don't think I or anybody else modified anything in the section settings, and especially not in the grid elements panel. Redoing it is a lot of work, and I fear I may lose everything again.
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

One thing I know is that if the Grid Element is not exactly perpendicular to the Section/Elevation line then it will not appear in the Section/Elevation unless the "Show non-perpendicular Grid Elements" checkbox is checked.

If the "Grid Tool" panel is not present in the Section/Elevation Settings Dialog, then you should check the Work Environment to see if it is enabled in the "Tool Settings Dialog Boxes" page.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

This isn't the problem. I checked.

The elevations and sections (or their grids and grid dimensions worked fine, then someone did something and now they all need to be reset, one section elevation at a time. Since the people this happened to have no idea what happened, I need to try and figure out what changes in the model might have resulted in the loss.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6

Hi,

I've been having the same problem just now. All the while I thought it was due to some settings I've changed within Grid settings - but no, it was linked to what Pens & Color settings I picked currently.

Do try this - it might work on your project too.

Go to your Floor plan - pick the problematic Grid - > Right click pick "Grid Element Selection settings" --> under "Marker" check on your Marker Pen color (see whether the assigned marker pen corresponds with something hidden or transparent color in your current Pens & Color)

If that is the case, then you can just change the "Marker Pen" color assigned and then you will see the grid element visible again in all views.

Hope this helps.