Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

I am unable to create a PDF in Publisher

4hotshoes
Advisor
I do not understand the problem. Archicad has failed to publish a PFD. It says that the file may be in use by another user? I am the only one with nothing else open as far as I know. I need to send out a plan right away, Please help. What might I be doing wrong?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
4hotshoes:

This can happen even if the original pdf file is just selected in the Finder, so check that it is not.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eduardo Rolon
Check the path to which you are publishing is available (network) or that you have permissions to write to the folder.
Another option is that you need to erase the previous file that exists in that folder since another App might be "reading" it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

4hotshoes
Advisor
I was looking for a way to change the file name, because I want to keep the first one created. This file will be another version. And the name of my AC file reflects the new version. I set the file name and path once, but I can't seem to find it now.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Eduardo Rolon
For that you need to edit the Publisher set. in the Organizer you need to go up one level and edit the settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator