Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM: How do I show the page breaks?

tsturm
Newcomer
I want to see the page breaks in the PM layout book.

I am using the latest version of PM. 3.1 v2. I have the Display Options set to show Page Breaks and Overlappings. All I see on the layout page is hte blue bounding box of my margins.

anyone else having this issue?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
23 REPLIES 23
Djordje
Virtuoso
laszlonagy wrote:
The "problem" now is that you can set paper size for each Master Layout, and you can set paper size in the Print Dialog.

///

This could be a wish (maybe even possible to set in Display Option whether we want it visible or not).
It IS there in dsplay options; see my screenshot. It does not show on the Master or on the Layout, only in the Page setups and Print setups.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My understanding was that Terrence wants all possible page breaks to show up in the Layout. I attached a screenshot. The blue lines show that the Layout is composed of 3x3 Landscape B-size sheets. There is a 1/2" overlap between sheets. This is why you can see double blue lines.
The green lines I drew. It simulates what would be displayed in Page Breaks shown in the Print Options SubDialog of the Print Dialog were actually shown on the Layout as well.
I set Portrait A4 for Page Size in the Page Setup Dialog.
So the blue lines show page breaks coming from settings set for the Master Layout, and the green lines show page breaks based on page size and orientation set in File\Page Setup.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
tsturm
Newcomer
Lazlo

I think that you are now getting the idea.

In your example, you have one setting for the layout of the pages based on your desired page setup.

Then your green lines (which you had to draw) are the pages which are being currently defined in your page set up by the defacto of the printer you last used in some other layout or application.

Point being that you will not get the print out you desire, but since the current page breaks are being displayed across your desired layout, you know that things will print as a mess of undesirable pages.

However, as Djordie pointed out, this option does not show up on either the Mac or PC version.

So could you make the current printer setting show when it is different than the desired layout?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, as I see, this is not possible currently.
You will have to go to the Print Setup Dialog to see how it would look.
Could be a useful wish.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27