Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Placing text or leaders with text

Anonymous
Not applicable
A couple of quick questions on setting up layouts for issue.

1- Is it better to place text on the view map or on the layout sheets themselves.
2- Is there an equivalent of Revit 'model lines' in ArchiCAD, or are all lines only annotation elements and only applicable to the view they are drawn on?
12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly
If you are trying to show proposed and existing views in the same file it can be done with layers and layer combinations.
The 'proper' way however is to use the Renovation Filters.
There are 3 renovation status that can be applied to each element - including text.
Use the Renovation palette to change the status for elements that you will be placing next.

You can always change the status of any element after in the element settings (or info box).

In your Project Map you have 'view points' for all of the storey plans, section and elevations.
In the View Map you then create 'views' of these view points.
You can have multiple views of each view point, so you can have one for 'Proposed' work and one for 'Existing' work.
You have renovation filters (that you can customise) that will allow you to 'show', 'override' or 'hide' each status.
So you create filter that will show, override or hide each status as you require, and then you apply that renovation filter to the view in the view settings, so it will automatically be activated when you use that view.
Now all you have to do is place the views on the layouts.
All annotation is done in the view and not on the layout.

Check the HelpCenter for info on renovations.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76866/

There may also be videos in the youtube channel that you find a link to in your Archicad Help menu.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Barry, I think for the meantime and to keep on programme im just going to use text on the layouts. Im sure it will all make sense eventually.

Just for the record, im having to deal with being made redundant, the Covid 19 lockdown, home schooling, no income, trying to kick start a new business. Ive been using Revit exclusively for 5 years and could easily step into a senior role in any practice using this. I have however decided to make things hard for myself and purchased ArchiCAD, which has some fantastic tools. Im already doing things I would have struggled with on Revit, however the whole workflow for deliverables is polar to Revit, hence my frustration.

I appreciate the help with posts, keep up the good work.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Mac,

One big difference between Archicad and Revit is that in Archicad there are not View-specific elements. Here it talks about it in Revit:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/...

Instead, 2D elements are usually Viewpoint-specific. So, a Text or Dimension or Label placed in a specific Section Viewpoint will be visible only in that Viewpoint.
However, as Barry stated, Views are simply Viewpoint saved with specific settings, so that they can be restored at any later time.
So in Archicad, you can have many Views of a single Section Viewpoint (or any other Viewpoint).
This is different from Revit, where you have only Views. Or stated in another way, each Viewpoint in Revit (if we are speaking in Archicad terms) can only have a single View, with its specified settings. I hope this makes sense.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27