cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Remove or change color of background Interior Elevations Objects

cocoloco
Expert

Hello! 

We are working in interior elevations and all is sort of good except! Pen Colors & the way some walls shows. No matter what I do - Like set up all kinds of pens setting and colors of objects, they still show in Interior Elevations in black color, which is unwanted, also some walls appear when crossing or connecting in odd way and show lines which is also unwanted. I tried to set up everything I wanted to hide into white or transparent colors, but doesn't work. It is still all BLACK or/and appearing, why I don't like is that it appears all in black color, and clashing with black colors that we do drawings in elevations, the background should not show at all at certain point or show in different colors that disappears in background and don't bring any attention. I also tried play with layers  it would still show on layouts so never mind, because no I don't want to add all 100 elevations again because archicad won't allow layer set up on layouts) so currently this "workaround" is out of way.). The only thing I haven't tried yet are overrides.... But since pen set up doesn't work, I can't see how overrides would work? 

What am I missing ? Please can someone tell me where I can find setting to have background items whether completely disappear, or change pen color? And hide lines when walls are meeting/crossing? 

Thank youuuuuu

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 12.16.35 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 Sonoma

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Interior elevations do not have a 'fade distant' option like regular sections and elevations do.

But they do have an option for a limited distance to hide elements in the background.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0#t=_AC27_Help%2F050_ViewsVB%2F050_...

They also have this option to 'exclude blocking walls'.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0#t=_AC27_Help%2F050_ViewsVB%2F050_...

I have never figured out what that does as I personally just use sections for all of my interior elevations.

Way back when I started Archicad there were no interior elevations and when they did arrive they were a bit buggy (for things like this) so i have never used them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Barry Kelly

Interior elevations do not have a 'fade distant' option like regular sections and elevations do.

But they do have an option for a limited distance to hide elements in the background.

They also have this option to 'exclude blocking walls'.

I have never figured out what that does as I personally just use sections for all of my interior elevations.

Way back when I started Archicad there were no interior elevations and when they did arrive they were a bit buggy (for things like this) so i have never used them.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

hi Barry thanks again! 

The limited distance to hide elements in the background worked (Although per the Link,  it did not offer me to choose "add bounded area" as it was greyed out and not option I could choose, but it did helped without it too.)

As far as the "exclude blocking walls" although I clicked on it, the walls connections still shows unfortunately..... and I can't cover it by fill (no this workaround is not ideal :D) It is curved wall but is connected properly. 

As far as the Interior Elevations vs Elevations, I honestly don't know the difference between them or how they function differently in archicad. Could you elaborate? .. both feels quite abandoned areas by archicad, like it would be all about 3D only these days. 

And lastly, about the Elevationbs/Interior elevations - do you know if there a way to change colors of pencils? All is basically black pens & not even a fills are showing? 

I am attaching print screen of  the interior elevations only because if I choose infinite, now it doesn't show important items on the island, such as faucet..... (it removes the backrhoudn which I am grateful for ... But I need the faucets. Just don't understand why it would not let me choose the boundary. I am using archicad 27  

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 9.37.45 AM.png

@cocoloco wrote:

The limited distance to hide elements in the background worked (Although per the Link,  it did not offer me to choose "add bounded area" as it was greyed out and not option I could choose, but it did helped without it too.)

I think that is something that can only be set when you are placing a new elevation.

@cocoloco wrote:

As far as the "exclude blocking walls" although I clicked on it, the walls connections still shows unfortunately..... and I can't cover it by fill (no this workaround is not ideal :D) It is curved wall but is connected properly. 

I never have figured that one out as to what it does, but as I said, I don't use internal elevations so have never really investigated it.

@cocoloco wrote:

As far as the Interior Elevations vs Elevations, I honestly don't know the difference between them or how they function differently in archicad. Could you elaborate? .. both feels quite abandoned areas by archicad, like it would be all about 3D only these days. 

Interior elevations have the ability to be grouped and you can place a view of that group onto a layout and all of the elevations will be placed at once.

They also have different controls for elements in the background rather than the 'fade distant' feature of sections and elevations.

They are also placed differently, limit first then where the marker is rather than marker then limit as with sections and elevations.

And of course they have their own sub-folder in the Project Map.

Otherwise sections or elevations will do the same job.

@cocoloco wrote:

And lastly, about the Elevationbs/Interior elevations - do you know if there a way to change colors of pencils? All is basically black pens & not even a fills are showing? 

Pen colours are controlled in the 'Model Display' settings in the elevation settings.

You can control the cut elements and the uncut elements separately (uniform pens).

This will affect what you see in the actual elevation window in Archicad.

You can also control the pen colours in the drawing settings for the drawing of the view that you place on the layout.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Because you have a limited distance set, make sure that the external bounding perimeter of the elevation extends at least to the back of your cabinets, so the faucet is within that range.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author