cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

publishing errors

Dave Brach
Expert
Ever since I started using 19, occasionally when I try to publish a series of Layouts, the last layout fails to publish. when I click on it I get the generic message "item cannot be published. may be in use by another application or person". I try to delete the layout in the publisher set and transfer it over again. I also try to just re-name it but it still refuses to publish.

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 2.15.54 PM.png
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
12 REPLIES 12
Eduardo Rolon
Also PDF Publishing fails if you have the Finder showing the folder were the PDF resides. You have to close the finder window and then it works.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
ViktorE wrote:
"A-43.4-001 was published successfully, but has been renamed as: ___."
I would try not using full stops in your file name.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the exact same problem as the original poster.
If the existing drawing is already in the same location it will not override and instead tells me it can't publish because the item is already in use from another user. It is incredibly frustrating. I'm using V20 on Mac OS Sierra.

I will try quitting preview each time to see if it helps, but this should not be considered an acceptable work around... and no matter what, the error message should just tell me it doesn't want to override, why the cryptic error message?